Dear Wine Lover or Wine Expert,
In 2013 Canadians spent $21.4 Billion on alcoholic beverages up 2.2% over 2012. Overall, Canadians bought $733.70 of alcohol per capita. StatsCan says wine sales rose fourfold over a decade to 17.4 litres per person, or $234, on average.
So if you are passionate or knowledgeable about wine there is a business opportunity in the industry. But if you are like us you likely wondered what that opportunity could be and how would someone get involved?
You’ve come to the right place because groovy grapes offers unique wine business opportunities to help wine lovers and experts make money doing something they truly enjoy, without the risk or time investment of trying to “figure it out” on their own.
We’ve been there and done that, so why not learn from our mistakes and leverage our successes?
We founded groovy grapes in 2003 as a wine education and wine entertainment company. Our mission was to make wine fun with a vibrant, down-to-Earth approach. From the start, groovy grapes took wine education out of the classroom, made it entertaining, and brought it to places where people can relax and enjoy themselves.
This popular approach soon led to Stacey co-authoring a book and co-hosting a popular Food Network television show, both called This Food, That Wine. Soon, businesses and associations turned to groovy grapes, hoping to bring the positive social elements of food and drink into business settings.
Today, we continue to run the business with the help of a fantastic team of event, food and drink professionals who all understand the value of creating unforgettable experiences for our clients.
Come reap the rewards of the wine business and we’ll have a little fun in the process!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll connect you with a groovy grapes leader to schedule a call to answer your questions and help you get started if that’s your preference.
Otherwise, please read on for more information.
Sean & Stacey
the groovy grapes wine broker program
Get access to an outstanding portfolio of domestic and import wines, direct from winery pricing and an easy-to-use online buying system. The best part is that you make money doing something you love.
- Wine lovers who want to make money on wine bought for gifts, personal consumption and from your network of friends and family
- Wine experts who can monetize personal consumption, private event purchases and recommendations for clients, friends and family
- Caterers, venues and event/wedding planners who are looking for a way to create a profit centre from wine
- Associations, non-profits and fundraisers who are looking for a unique way to promote wine and raise funds
- Companies can create their your own wine club for staff and client enjoyment and interaction
- Be in the wine business without quitting your day job
- Get invited to great events, wine tastings and parties
- Hear about new finds, wine bargains and fun events
- Make commission on all the wine you buy for personal consumption
- Make a commission on all the wine you sell to family, friends and colleagues
- Option to create your own wine club or white brand for others
How does this work?
- We have a partner with a Manufacturers Representative License with the AGCO (Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario)
- We extend the license to you once you complete the prerequisite steps (police check and smart serve certificate)
- When read the training documents, you understand the laws, agree to abide by them, and sign the contract you are then covered by a comprehensive liability insurance policy
- You sell wine by leveraging your network
- Orders ship direct from winery/warehouse to you or your customers (anyone except restaurants licensees)
More about the wine broker program
How much wine do I have to buy at a time and do I have to just buy all the same product in a case?
Ontario wines: Pick what you like! You can buy as little as 1 bottle of wine and you can mix wines together from within each winery too. The most efficient orders for shipping are in full case increments.
Import Wines: Full cases of each product must be ordered. Cases are either 6 or 12 bottles. This is indicated in the product description.
What does it take to become a Wine Broker? To become a Broker you must complete your online Smart Serve training, provide us information to complete a police check, sign the a contract (which secures your ability to sell wine and liability insurance) and commit to receive your quarterly special Broker Pack (discounted wine offering available to brokers only).
What type of person is best suited to be a Wine Broker? While different skills can work very well to enjoy this business, we find the most successful Broker have 3 or more of the following attributes. Wine Knowledge, Digital Comfort (shopping online, e-mail, social media), Socially Connected, Financially Secure (this is not a full time job) and be Comfortable & Skilled to Sell.
Does it cost a lot of money to become a Wine Broker? No, it does not cost a lot of money. In fact, there is no initiation fee to become a Wine Broker and the costs to get set up are minimal – business cards (optional), Smart Serve training and some wine to taste for yourself (discounted quarterly broker pack for samples).
Do you have defined territories for your Wine Brokers? No, we don’t. We see the majority of our wine sales to be more about your social network than a physical territory.
How much money can I make as a Wine Broker? Well it depends on how socially connected you are and how much time you intend to apply to the business. For some, this business may be a social one that gets the Broker into the wine business and provides money to pay for his or her wine for the year. For others, the business may provide a significant income because they have embraced the wine lifestyle and have developed an extensive business. Wine commissions are in the range of 4-12% for import or domestic wines and 10-15% referrals or reselling groovy grapes services.
Ready to get started? Read more about the groovy grapes wine club or wine club FAQ. Email email@example.com and we’ll connect you with a groovy grapes leader to schedule a call to answer your questions and help you get started if that’s your preference.
the groovy grapes authorized wine consultant program
This program is for accredited wine enthusiasts and professionals (or approved equivalent) only. You will love the chance to share your passion for wine, create a great primary or secondary income from wine broker sales and wine event services, and of course, further your wine career. Even better you can build your business on the back of a business that’s been around since 2003 without the risk of going it alone or starting from scratch.
All the benefits of the wine broker program commissions, in addition:
- 10-25% profit sharing on leads and reselling groovy grapes products and services
- Leverage the groovy grapes website with guest blogger access to publish articles and build your brand
- Access a groovy grapes back office systems and email to start your business (optional)
- Get your own groovy grapes business cards (optional)
- Opportunity to be hired to host groovy grapes events (subject to training and certification)
Ready to get started? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll connect you with a groovy grapes leader to schedule a call to answer your questions and help you get started if that’s your preference.