Rollicking, Myth-busting Wine and Food Tasting and Lecture With World Renowned Master of Wine, Tim Hanni
Presented by: Lifford Wine Agency & Algonquin College
“What Tim Hanni is proposing … represents a quantum leap forward for expanding the enjoyment of wine and food. (His) message is easy to grasp, empowering and useful to anyone who is the least bit curious about wine.
Discover the source of your PERSONAL passions and preferences! Based on years of high-level research and is distilled down into a simple set of principles. You will learn how to consistently find the wines YOU will love the most and how to get the most pleasure from wine on YOUR terms. This seminar provides a unique context for the enjoyment of wine appropriate for every level of interest and expertise.
Eat, drink and learn:
- Learn how your unique Taste Sensitivity Quotient affects the styles of wines we love the most.
- Discover how the brain processes, stores and recalls sensations to create our individual wine preferences – sounds technical but this is a guaranteed blast!
- Understand why many experts can’t agree on wine quality and appropriate wine and food matches!
- Identify who YOU should turn to for wine recommendations, rating and reviews that meet YOUR standards.
- Experience interactions between wine with food and learn flavor balancing techniques that will ensure the wine YOU love tastes great with the food YOU choose.
When: Tuesday November 15, 2011
- 2-4pm Hotel/Restaurant Trade and Media Only (SOLD OUT)
- New Start Time: 6:30-9pm General public, wine enthusiasts and educators (SOLD OUT)
Agenda – each session will feature a walkabout tasting featuring exclusive consignment wines from Lifford Wine Agency followed by a classroom style master class lead by Tim Hanni. The seminar will feature 4 wines, food elements to contrast with them and Tim’s world renowned presentation and research.
Where: Algonquin College School of Hospitality and Tourism
Who: this session is for people who are looking for the opportunity to try consignment wines to buy as well as those interested in hearing from an industry expert about the latest taste research and how it relates to what you like with food and wine pairing. Tim’s seminar is suitable for wine enthusiasts from beginner to Sommelier level attendees.
Tim Hanni BIO – Master of Wine
Known for his engaging style, irreverent humor and elite professional status in the wine and food community, Tim Hanni MW has been hailed as a guru, visionary and dubbed “the Wine Anti-Snob” by the Wall Street Journal.
In 1990 Hanni was awarded the title Master of Wine, becoming one of the first of two resident Americans to achieve what is regarded as the highest accolade in the international wine industry. He also holds the Certified Wine Educator credential from the Society of Wine Educators and trained and worked as a professional Chef.
His seminars, wine tastings, culinary demonstrations and keynote presentations and dazzling demonstrations of sensory perception offer unique perspectives on many facets of wine enjoyment and matching wine and food, Hanni provides his audiences with the most modern, innovative and inclusive approach to personalizing the enjoyment of wine and food for people at every level of interest and expertise.
Lifford Wine Agency, Algonquin College School of Hospitality & Tourism, Algonquin College Sommelier Program, Restaurant International (Algonquin College)
Winecurrent.com, Groovy Grapes