Here’s a great Turkey and Pizza recipe along with a few resources, tips and links you can apply to your Thanksgiving plans. Be sure to scroll down to access the resource links below.
- Thanksgiving Pizza with Smoked Gouda Recipe
- 1 store-bought thin pizza crust about 12˝ (30 cm) in diameter
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Cranberry Sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh Rosemary or 1 tsp (5 ml) dried Rosemary
- 1 cup (250 ml) cooked Turkey leftovers, diced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) leftover Turkey sauce or gravy
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced Mushrooms
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sliced Red Onion
- 1 cup (250 ml) grated Canadian Smoked Gouda
- 4 oz (120 g) Canadian Cream cheese
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Place pizza crust on a parchment-covered baking sheet. Evenly spread out cranberry sauce. Add toppings, finishing with Cream cheese spoonfuls or cubes. Bake about 15 minutes or until cheeses are slightly golden. Serve and savour.
Other great resources to checkout:
- The Turkey Pizza recipe above along with 40+ others courtesy of Turkey Farmers of Canada
- Turkey Farmers and Wine Country Ontario/BC also seemed to have teamed up with a selection of recipes and Canadian wine pairings. Great ideas in here for what to eat and drink together if you go local.
- If you missed Taste Ontario Oct 7 you can still see a list of the 80+ wines that were available for sampling here (scroll down, the list is at the bottom).
- LCBO has a great ON wine and recipe list, scroll down to see the Thanksgiving selections.
- If you are looking for a wider range of international wines to try from the Oct 12 Vintages release you won’t go wrong with John Szabo’s notes on Wine Align.
- Gord on Grapes narrows down 5 great wine options in his Toronto Star column.
Happy Thanksgiving, if you try anything from the links above let us know: @groovygrapestwt, support (at) groovygrapes.com or leave a comment here.
Social media comments
Powered by Facebook Comments