This is a recipe created by Chef Mario Ramsay, Algonquin College from an Ottawa Beer Tasting event we did Nov. 29/12 at Restaurant International alongside a number of local beer experts.
Mussel Italian Sausage, Cream and Cilantro paided with Big Rig Hefe
1 3/4 kilograms Mussels, cleaned, scrubbed and debearded
50 milliliters Dry white wine
250 militers 35% cream
60 grams Butter
.250 kg cooked Italian sausage sliced ¼ inch
Pepper, ground black – to taste
5 milliliters Lemon juice
¼ bunch – chopped cilantro
1. Place the cleaned mussels in a pan with white wine. Cover tightly and place on high heat to steam and open the mussels
2. Remove mussels when cool enough and remove the top shell. Set aside and retain the poaching liquid
3. Add the cream
4. Bring to a boil
5. Season with pepper and lemon
6. Arrange the mussels on a large, flat plate and spoon some of the sauce into each mussel half
7. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro
Big Rig Hefe
Description: Cloudy and vibrant yellow with billowy white head. Orange and lemon zest, wheat, very fresh, light coriander, true to style and very well executed. Moderate carbonation, good body, bittersweet with a nice dry finish with a hint of lemon. Very fresh and tasty.
Love these food and beer pairings? Watch our blog for the recipes that were given to event attendees or see below for how you can get a pdf copy.
Looking for beer tasting event ideas? Whether you’d like us to re-create an event like this or just get a few ideas for your next get together with family, friends, clients or colleagues schedule a free consultation with Groovy Grapes. Schedule your consultation and request a free copy of the menu and food pairings from the Nov. 29/12 Beer Tasting Panel and Food Pairing Experiment.
Social media comments
Powered by Facebook Comments