I want to let you in on a secret … most of our clients think that our main focus and inspiration has always been wine. But did you know that we also specialize in hosting beer and scotch tastings? It’s just that groovy barley or groovy malt just doesn’t have the same ring to it!
Members of the groovy grapes team have long been known for their approachable and entertaining approach towards hosting wine events, and we provide the exact same services for those of you who’d like to learn a little bit more about beer or scotch. And with St. Patrick’s Day and warm spring evenings on the patio quickly approaching, what better time to consider beer as the focus of your next event? To get your wheels turning, here are some beer health facts that just might make your mouth water …
- beer contains a similar amount of ‘polyphenols’ (antioxidants that have important health benefits) as red wine and 4-5 times as many polyphenols as white wine
- besides being fat-free and cholesterol-free, beer provides a 30% increase in vitamin B6 into your blood, something that neither wine nor any other liquor can do
- recent studies have shown that light to moderate beer drinkers (1 or 2 beers a day for men or 1 beer for women) can decrease their chances of suffering a stroke by 20%
- beer made from barley and wheat contains loads of vitamins and minerals (including calcium, potassium, phosphorus, and vitamins B, B2, and B6) that survive the fermentation and filtering process, and even the vitamin value in the yeast is conserved in unfiltered beer
Ready to chug?? Our tastings can be customized to suit your interests and event format. Some of our most popular beer themes include:
- around the world in beer
- a study of beer styles: ales, stouts, porters, lagers
- beer and cheese matching
- beer and food matching
Sample our beer expertise …
Coming up on March 17th, 2009, join us at the Urban Element for a St. Paddy’s Day Beer Tasting:
Looking for a better way to celebrate St. Paddy’s Day than going out for a pint or two down at the pub? Try a tutored tasting of 8 different beers from around the world – perfect for the beer lover who doesn’t feel like fighting the bar crowds on this festive date. Geoffrey Skeggs, Groovy Grapes beer expert, will lead you through an educational and fun tasting of beer, including some beer-friendly food pairings.
When: Tuesday, March 17, 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
Where: The Urban Element, 424 Parkdale Avenue, Ottawa
Cost: $75 plus tax
Register: call the Urban Element at 613.722.0885 or email email@example.com to reserve your place
Social media comments
Powered by Facebook Comments