November 29, 2012 we had a great evening of local Ottawa beer, food and instruction with a panel of guests from local craft brews. The event was hosted at Restaurant International at Algonquin College and featured food designed by Chef Mario Ramsay and his second year culinary students. The idea was to have a beer tasting Ottawa would remember and more importantly give culinary students some training and a chance to experiment with beer and food pairin
Watch for the following list of beer and food pairings created for this event. We’ll be publishing the recipes and beers we paired with each flight:
- Spicy Bison Chili – Taco with Beyond the Pale Rye Guy IPA
- Pan Fried Mahi Mahi Fillet Cranberry, Pomegranate, and Meyer Lemon Relish with Mill Street White horse ale
- Mussels Italian Sausage, Cream and cilantro with BigRig Hefe
- Argentinian-Style Grilled Skirt steak with Chimichurri Sauce with BigRig Stud Stout
- Lobster Poutine with Kichessippi Natural Blonde
- Roasted Lamb chop Blue cheese rosemary crust with Kichessippi Logger
- Assortment of cheeses & bread – Gouda, feta or goat cheese with Beau’s And Boom Gose The Dynamite
- Slow roast Pork belly with braised kale with Beau’s Koru
Love these food and beer pairings? Watch our blog for the recipes that were given to event attendees or see below for how you can get a pdf copy.
Looking for beer tasting event ideas? Whether you’d like us to re-create an event like this or just get a few ideas for your next get together with family, friends, clients or colleagues schedule a free consultation with a Groovy Grapes. Schedule your consultation and request a free copy of hte menue and food pairings from the Nov 29/12 Beer Tasting Panel and Food Pairing Experiment.
Social media comments
Powered by Facebook Comments